Why do employers reject certain employment candidates after internal or third-party online investigations? In considering the exact job role, the candidate –
- Bad-mouthed previous employers, vendors, clients or co-workers
- Posted provocative or inappropriate information or photos
- Directly posted content about excessive usage of drugs or alcohol
- Blogged or posted confidential information regarding previous employment situations.
- Shared confidential information from previous employers.
- Communicated violent or discriminatory remarks about personal situations
- Was found to be overly busy on social-media sites during working hours, perhaps while “working from my home office today.”
- Revealed obvious shortfalls between skills on the resume or application, versus online findings (“I quit that darn university with no degree”)
- Was found to exhibit poor communication skills